Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Writing Prompt: Apartments and Roommates

To mirror some of what's going on in my personal life, this week's writing prompt is apartments and roommates. Everyone's done it at some point or another, whether in college or looking for that first place out in the real world: living with other people. Sometimes things end up great - I still keep in touch with my very first roommate, Alecia, from my freshman year of college. Other times, the university makes the biggest mistake ever and you quickly find somewhere else to live.

Put your characters in this same situation. Maybe they're just moving into a new place, meeting their roommates for the same time; maybe they're working through a situation with the people they're already living with. There's something to be said for putting strangers in a small space and letting them react off each other.

I hope my own experiences turn out better than the drama I could imagine for my characters. I'll give this one a try and let you know how everything goes on Friday!

---

Don't like this week's prompt? Check out previous ones through the Monday Writing Prompt tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment