Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Writing Prompt: Pick 3

One of the communities I love watching on LiveJournal is Icons100. It's a challenge community, where people pick a topic, like the TV show Lost, and then make 100 icons for it, 50 of which are themed. I love seeing how people interpret each theme, what text they use, if it's literal or figurative. We can do the same with writing, using words as prompts or jumping off points. Combining three themes, or more, provides a mix of inspiration - at least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Here are the categories:

Colors:
red
blue
green
silver
orange
purple

Locations:
beach
mountainside
sidewalk
dive bar
on stage
department store

Mood:
happy
mellow
furious
calm
insane
ditzy

Pick one from each category and use them as themes for your next writing prompt. Your piece doesn't have to use these words exactly - for example, your character doesn't have to say, "I am happy," to illustrate happiness - but they should be prevalent somehow. I'm going to use this prompt with last week's Go Exploring challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

Good luck - I'll let you know how it goes on Friday!

---

Don't like this week's prompt? Check out previous ones through the Monday Writing Prompt tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment