Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Blog Post: Time to get back to the grind

So, I know I didn't post last week. I'm contemplating reorganizing the structure of the blog, perhaps relaunching it as of the first of the new year. When I figure out what changes, if any, will be best, I'll let you know.

I decided to spend today working solely on my writing - at least for the afternoon. I went to the Portland Public Library and got a few books, including one on writing. For undergoing renovations, they did have a selection of writing books to choose from - I didn't expect any at all, so that was a welcome surprise.

I then got a chai at Bard Coffee in town and sat for a while, sketching out potential article ideas. While I'm pretty sure a daily reporting job isn't for me, I do like writing feature articles on topics I'm interested in. The ideas I have do require a bit of research, yes, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it in the end. At this rate, if it's getting words flowing, even with how few of them end up on the page, who am I to turn that inspiration away?

Someday I'm going to get my writing life back on track, no matter what method it takes to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment