Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Writing Prompt: A Road Sign

Every day on the way to work, I drive past the local strip club. While I have never gone inside, nor do I plan to, they always have the best messages on their sign - the kind that make you blink, turn around, and read it again.

For example, when my friend Josh came up to visit, Platinum Plus was advertising "Bridget the Midget" and "Foxy Boxing." Josh was so amused, he still mentions them to this day. If they ever come back, I think he may drag me down there, just to see what all the fuss is all about.

This week's writing prompt comes from a sign they had up a few weeks ago. I wish I had taken a picture, just to prove that this is actually what it said:

SUN NIGHT
CRAPPY HOUR 11-1AM


Write about what happens at "Sunday night crappy hour." Put your characters in a very unsavory bar on a bad night and let the scene play out. Better yet, put them in Platinum Plus (now known as PT's Showclub) and see what happens. The sign now reads "happy hour," but I like the previous incarnation better.

Hopefully this inspires you - I, at least, found it pretty amusing. I'll let you know how my work goes on Friday!

---

Don't like this week's prompt? Check out previous ones through the Monday Writing Prompt tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment