Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to The Writer Chick, a blog dedicated to the craft of writing as I see it – the view of a writer just starting out in the publishing world.

I created this as a way to keep myself writing, through the days when I fight to edit a page of my novel, when inspiration goes on strike, when I feel everything I write is garbage. I miss the way writing felt when I was in college, taking classes in creative writing. There was a sense of community; everyone had read everyone else’s stories, and the resulting discussions were always lively and entertaining. I want to recapture that magic in blog form.

Once a week, I will make a post discussing some aspect of my writing world. Perhaps it will be about whatever project I’m working on that week; check out the list of current works for a summary of these stories. I also want to discuss what my experiences are, what new topics I struggle with. As always, these posts are my opinion – everyone approaches writing differently, which is why talking about it is intriguing to me.

Also once a week, I plan to post at least one excerpt from something I’ve written. I can’t talk the talk if I don’t walk the walk, as the phrase goes, and one of the goals of this blog is to encourage myself to write. If someone else would like to write along with me, that’s even better.

Writing is a gift, but it’s also a skill, one that becomes lost if it’s not in practice. I don’t want that to happen to me. My hope is that this blog will help me sharpen my words, clean up my phrases, and reclaim the passion I had for writing.

Thanks for joining me on the journey.



Posting Schedule:

MONDAY: Writing prompts
A picture, a sentence, something to spark some creativity.
WEDNESDAY: Blog
My thoughts and views on the week’s writing topic.
FRIDAY: Writing responses
A completed exercise or other excerpt from my current works.

No comments:

Post a Comment